PURPOSE OF ESTABLISHMENT:
ASHA is a registered organization established in the year 2014 having an aim to serve the community in terms of social, economical, education and environment, promotional activities and to build a good socially responsible society. It aimed to look for the development of the rural poor, empower them towards their sustainability.
Literacy and social awareness, self-reliance and self supported Community, community health and wealth liberation, Leadership development, Relief and Rehabilitation, Empowering women and encouraging people.
To create a new world where there is no caste, creed, race, Religion discrimination but only humanitarian ship.
Motto of organization is to create on environment of socialization and cultural Understanding, equitable distribution of wealth and mutual help, social justice, peace, love and humanity.
· Create awareness among rural community - Organize people to participate in social action process for village self reliance
· Promote all round development of rural poor with social Justice.
· Promote youth & women groups towards poverty eradication and sustainable development process through - Skill development; Promote primary and adult education; Promote general health of villagers about Government; Development programmes and encouraging people to exercise their rights to access the programmes.
· Develop healthy working relationship between villagers, Government and voluntary organizations.
· Promote participatory exercise for the conservation and sustainable use of natural resources.
To initiate socio-economic, educational and health development programmes in rural areas.
ACTIVITIES / BACKGROUND:
Core competencies: promoting savings & credit managements in SHGs, IGP, women & Child Development, Rural Literacy, Environment conservation, Natural resource management, community Health & Hygiene, Sustainable Agriculture, RCH, HIV/AIDS prevention, awareness on Child Labour & other various developmental issues since the last 4 years.
· ASHA development activities are spread over 59 villages of which 25 villages is in Ranchi district and other 34 villages in Ramgarh & Hazaribag district of Jharkhand.
· ASHA as part of its comprehensive holistic approach to improve the quality of life of the rural communities is facilitating a number of need based and people centered activities in the project area. Some of the main activities are: Community organizing, Income Generation Programmes, women and children development, rural literacy, natural resource management, community health and hygiene, sustainable agriculture, awareness on child labour from the past 15 years.
It has been the philosophy of ASHA to identify committed women and youth leaders from among the community for planning and implementing of all the development programmes and to involve the community in each and every step. This has, over the years, ensured that the participation of the community is full-fledged in all our activities and the communities feel a sense of ownership to the project. Thus all the initiatives and development programmes of ASHA are aimed at facilitating the vulnerable communities attain self-reliance.
1. Women & Child Development Activities.
2. Natural Resources Management & Watershed
3. Youth Development Activities.
4. Comprehensive Community Health.